It’s spring time and that means PROM time my friends! The one magical night when you feel transformed from your drab, everyday self into Cinderella. And what’s the most important part of the whole event? Yes, the dress! Whether long or short, adorned or simple, finding that one amazing dress is the biggest factor of the whole prom experience. I went to three proms back in the day and I loved each dress I wore, but looking back it’s clear that my choices were somewhat boring. While they were classic in style, each one was a basic color. *yawn* Let’s break it down, shall we?
– Okay, clearly no one explained to me how to pose for a picture! Just let those arms dangle!
– Um…..I have no explanation for this one. I thought this was the hottest dress ever! And those sparkly nylons? Awesome. If I had a small paper hat, I could be an nurse from 1965.
– Clearly going for a retro look here with the pearls and flipped up hair. *sigh* At least I learned how to stand correctly.
See what I mean? If I could go back in time, I would have been more bold with my choices. (Also, I would lose the matching shoes, sheesh!) Next to her wedding gown, a prom dress is one of the most exciting clothing decisions a girl can make! I was blown away during a visit to Robin’s Bridal Mart- 9993 Manchester Rd 63122. Talk about exciting colors, this year’s styles are all about vivid hues, not a boring dress in sight! Robin’s has become a St. Louis go-to prom dress destination. Starting with 648 dresses in January, Robin’s outfits girls in the dress of their dreams. Store policy allows only one style of dress be sold per school, ensuring you won’t show up in the same thing as the girl who sits behind you in biology. Robin’s also carries a private label gown line that is sold only in their store. If you’re looking for a one of a kind dress, this is the place!
Robin’s staff is extremely knowledgeable about all things prom! They offer alterations of any gown plus tuxedo rental for your date. As an added bonus, Robin’s is offering 20% all dresses through the end of prom season! Now that’s HANTASTIC! Here is a sampling of the dresses they have in store:
– I’m crazy about these! I love the watercolor effect of mixing hues, so much fun!
– According to Robin’s, the trend for prom this year leans toward long gowns, but they do have a nice selection of shorter hemlines if you prefer a leggy look!
– For 2012 embellishments are hot, hot, hot! Feathers, intricate beading, sequins, even overlays all add a fabulous touch!
– Looking for a solid color? Robin’s has options in every shade of the rainbow and then some! No plain looks here though, each of these has an added element that makes it really stand out!
For a couture look plus top notch customer service plan a visit to Robin’s Bridal Mart in Warson Woods or see them online at: http://www.robinsbridalmart.com
Have a great time at Prom 2012!