When on the hunt for fabulous things, it pays to visit back rooms. No, no not those kind of back rooms! I mean the back rooms of several St. Louis boutiques. Much like a warm St. Louis day in May, these back rooms remain elusive and unknown to many of you. Today I am featuring two of my favorites. These rooms contain treasures, often at amazing prices!
1. Melanie’s– 10277 Clayton Rd Sure, you’ve been shopping here since high school. Who didn’t come here to get another new rope for your twist-a-bead necklace? Melanie’s still has the latest in every conceivable accessory. But did you know that it also has one of the BEST back rooms EVER? Here is a sampling of what they had last week for 50% off:
– Stuffed bunnies & mermaids at $5 from $10
– Adorable child’s wool purses at $12 from $24
– Perfect summer cover up dresses at $21 from $42
Never to be outdone is the 70% off area full of these little gems:
– Acrylic initial key chains with bow at $3.89 from $13
-Child’s shark shoes at $2.55 from $8.50
Tell me those shoes aren’t the GREATEST things ever?!? I bought a pair for my daughter to wear to the pool this summer. Melanie’s also offers monogramming on many items, including those purchased from the sale rooms. And don’t forget to ask for their signature complimentary gift wrap!
2. Paper Dolls 110 East Jefferson Ave.- Located in Kirkwood, this mid size boutique packs a big punch! I love, love this store! The staff is always super friendly and they carry unique items you won’t find at the mall. I walked by their always fashionable window display for 2 years until I finally decided to check it out. I was fully prepared to see champagne items that my beer budget won’t allow. But to my amazement, they had a back room! Hallelujah! My eye was immediately drawn to an “Extra 60% off sale items” sign. Pulse racing, I hustled back there ! Here is what I found:
-Liliana sparkle open toe pumps with side rosette at $18 from $45
– Qupid black velvet ballet flats at $16 from $40
– An entire rack of winter/spring clothing including dresses and jeans all at %60 off already marked down prices
Paper Dolls underwent a complete renovation this spring, adding larger dressing rooms and opening up their whole space. Sale items are final sale, but let’s not kid ourselves, whose gonna return those shoes?!?
There you have it! No time to shop around for good deals? Check back to see what goodies I have uncovered for you. It’s fun, it’s fabulous, it’s HANTASTIC!