How someone handles adversity says a lot about that person. I read something once that really stuck with me, “The only way out is through, and sometimes the other side is so glorious that you’ll be grateful for whatever got you there.” It’s a great reminder to pick yourself up and keep going, because to persevere might be the most important thing you ever do.
Last week I had the privelege to meet a local jewelry designer who took a difficult time in her life and turned it into gold….literally! Jenny Present is the owner and designer of jenny present – 14222 Ladue Rd 63017. Five years ago, after her life plans took an unexpected turn, Jenny began creating custom hand stamped jewelry. Her fabulous necklaces were a hit and today her lines have been featured in publications like Real Simple, People Style Watch and New York Magazine. “My beginning inspiration was my son. I wanted to keep him close to me, even when we were apart. So my first piece was a necklace featuring his name”, she says.
Present’s pride of ownership was evident when she gave me a tour of her beautiful showroom. Her Proud Mama line has now grown to over 20 pendants in both silver and gold. Each pendant is still hand stamped in her St. Louis studio. Present’s attention to detail is seen in all steps of the creative design process. Not only does she produce a high quality product, but one which is meaningful as well. She explains, “Each piece we do is sentimental, there is meaning behind them.” Jewelry with a heart, now that’s Hantastic! Here’s a peek at a few of the jenny present collections:
– Proud Mama Collection- Each piece is truly unique since you get to choose from the chain style, pendant and any additional charms:
– The result? A darling, one of a kind piece of jewelry! Love it!
– I Love You..Bracelet Collection- Featuring a hand done, adjustable macrame cord and tassel in a variety of colors with six different embellishments or two beaded styles:
– Life Notes Collection– Inspirational phrases adorn these charming sterling silver necklaces such as “Take a Risk”, “Smell the Roses” and “Make a Wish”
– Life Notes are also customizable with Tiny Life Notes. You pick one small word that makes a big impact, add gemstones or charms, plus a chain and voila!
– Seen in Real Simple and People Magazine’s holiday gift guide, the Lauren Wrap Bracelet features a micro suede wrap and sterling silver hand stamped pendant. What a great holiday gift!
– jenny present also designs these gorgeous earrings!
Receiving jewelry is an emotional gift. When you wear it, you are reminded of so many things: the giver, the occasion, even where you were at the time. Pieces by jenny present are the embodiment of that gift- special, unique and deeply meaningful. You can find her line locally at these shops: Pulse, Dot Dot Dash, Laurie Solet and Michael Herr. Or online at: www.jennypresent.com (Be sure to sign up to receive news about upcoming holiday sales!) Happy shopping friends!