Now that you’ll be singing that song all day, we’ll get started! When it comes to boutique shopping, men are often left out of the fun. (And I’m not just talking to you poor saps who stand outside the dressing rooms holding a purse….) Local shop choices for women are seemingly endless, while those that cater to the men in our lives are far and few between. Now St. Louis’ fashion forward males have a reason to rejoice! East + West- 205 N. Kirkwood Rd 63122 has opened it’s doors just for you! Owned by Brian Simpson, East + West is a unique shopping experience. Simpson had a vision for what he wanted in his boutique: men’s clothing that is comfortable, yet fashion forward surrounded by hip, funky decor. “I want to show people in St. Louis that “out of town fashions” can be accessible, not out of reach”, he explains. Even though many of the “Made in the USA” labels he carries come from the coasts, they have Midwestern roots. This cool shop offers it all from grooming lines to shoes to accessories. East + West also features a small women’s pop-up shop to compliment their men’s line. The result is a mix of styles that is as pleasing to the eye as it is to the senses. Here is a sampling of what they have in store:
– For years we have heard all the jokes about mom jeans, yet nobody mentions those men who haven’t updated their denim since college. That’s right, you know who you are and you’re better than the Gap, say it with me. East + West features some amazing denim lines, including Baldwin which was recently ranked as “Best Denim” by GQ magazine.
– Lots of versatile tops, these can go from office to happy hour no problem!
– Just in time for cooler weather, East + West has a variety of choices in coats!
– I have a theory that men love shoes just as much as women. Well, maybe not that much, but why shouldn’t they enjoy the sublime happiness of a really fabulous shoe?
– One of the shop’s best sellers is a line of grooming products by Baxter. Made in LA, these bad boys smell amazing and are all priced under $20! Baxter products are sold in St. Louis exclusively at East + West!
– Here is a peek at the offerings in the women’s section, currently featuring some key fall basics:
Now for the HANTASTIC part, you knew there was a sale in here somewhere right? Both men’s and women’s styles are marked down, but we’ll start with the guys:
-And for the ladies:
East + West will definitely become one of your favorite shopping destinations. Simpson is passionate about what he does and it shows in his store. His excitement about the labels he carries is infectious! He wants you to love them too and find a look that is uniquely your own. Visit East + West in downtown Kirkwood or shop online at: www.eastandweststl.com